Saturday, August 18, 2007

A J Lovering's 165 mph car

Here is a pic of the re designed chassis. The drive train will come from the long car (pic of engines). I will just swap it over and bolt in the 3 engines. The long car was worthwhile making as I learned a lot about what I wanted to do. We did get it going with 2 engines but the chassis kept bottoming out. The new one is a lot lighter and with better front suspension

Basic design is 3 or 4 3.5 race engines and a gearing for 240Mph. The length of 40" is a real restriction, I planned for 60" so might have to restrict to 3 engines.

Here is a post from "ziggy12345" on 3Hobby.net about his car:

by ziggy12345 on Tuesday, April 24 @ 19:52:42 CEST

First test today for the drive train. The engine fired up OK and I ran the car around. everything looked OK and it was free enough. It will free up after a few runs. Just waiting for the 2 engines and exhausts to arrive and then mod the drive train to give me 165mph at 43,000 rpm Cheers

He also said this:

04-30-2007, 01:04 AM

I went to the drag strip yesterday to see what it was like (my first time ever!) The track is super smooth with a 1/2 mile run out. I asked if I could run my RC car and the guy didnt see why not.

After seeing the speed needed I knew I had to re design the car. With the weight I had I would never get to top speed before the 1/4 mile. Also 1/4 mile is just about the limit for seeing and controlling the car for now.

This puts me back a bit for timing but I still think 1'll be ready for a first run in October

No comments:

Post a Comment